Thursday, September 2, 2010

Follow Your Heart



OK, so I am trying to learn to color. A few weeks ago, courtesy of Maryann at Bella Art in Johnston, RI, I was privileged to take a class with Nathalie Metivier from Magenta Style. I learned a lot. Most importantly, I learned how much there is to learn. Needless to say, I am a beginner but I intend to keep plugging along.

This is one of the many reasons I am so appreciative of businesses like Bella Art, Stampin Up! demonstrators and Pals Paper Arts for helping inexperienced individuals to develop crafting skills. I especially enjoy participating in these PPA challenges. This is my submission for PPA58-Pretty in Pearls.

Because I need to practice coloring, I chose this large Inkadinkado design. I colored the image and then set about to find card stock and and a sentiment. In retrospect, I will choose paper first next time and then color the design.

I used Prismacolor pencils for the coloring, American Craft card stock from the Autumn and Christmas packs and the sentiment is from Stampin Up!'s Whimsical Words set. I used a sponge dauber and some pink chalk on the edges of the white cardstock on the design and on the heart and dimensionals to pop up the heart. I used some self-adhesive pearls on the little flowers, the lace and on the heart.

Thank you PPA for the opportunity and the motivation to be creative.




2 comments:

  1. Great job with your coloring! You have created a beautiful card! I love how you used the pearls! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an expert at coloring. The rose is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us @PPA!!

    ReplyDelete