Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Pals Blog Hop - Love is in the Air

Love is in the air as the Stampin' Pretty Pals share the love with cards and projects for today's Pals Blog Hop!


You've probably hopped over from Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti

I'm stop number 24 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in!  I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for love themed paper projects from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track.


My contribution is this Valentine's Day Card.  On Whisper White cardstock with Cherry Cobbler  I stamped the floral design from the Fresh Vintage stamp set.  I stamped all around to make my own background pattern for the card.

I used two sizes of the labels from the new Framelits dies, from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  One is cut from Cherry Cobbler, the other is cut from Whisper White and stamped with the the floral design from the new Apothecary Art stamp set, also in the Occasions Mini.  Using Watercolor Pencils and my Aqua Painter, I "painted" the leaves and roses. 

Using dimensionals, I layered the framelits. I pieced the banner in Cherry Cobbler and using the Teeny Tiny Wishes set, stamped the sentiment on Whisper White, punched with the Word Window. 

The finishing touch was to highlight the roses with Dazzling Details.  Love is in the air!

Now hop along for more inspiring ideas from Emily Steggell at Em's Creations
stop number 25 on the Love Is In The Air Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by!


Blog Hop Line-Up:

16 comments:

  1. Hi Ben from CT here! Your coloring on the image is so wonderful. The card is just so beautiful. Whoever receives it will be one lucky person. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the floral design on the background of your card. I can't wait for Sale-a-bration to begin! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card. i love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely! i love the use of the non-valentines specific set with the new apothecary art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, love this set and your coloring is terrific along with your design. Just Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully Victorian...really lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Diane! I loved the stamped background using the Fresh Vintage image! Looks great paired with the Apothecary Art image too! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very elegant. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful stamp and you coordinated everything beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new framelits are awesome. Love how you used them on your card. Very Elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a wonderful job with the coloring and the red coordination. Truly impressive card. Thank you participating in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete