Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pals Paper Arts PPA150

Hello 2013.  I have been away from posting too long (since the last Blog Hop).  I am happy to be back.  We have a new year and new opportunities to participate in challenges.

This week's challenge is a color challenge.

PPA Color Challenge January


I used Stampin' Up!'s Basic Black card stock and Melon Mambo and Basic Gray DSP from the Brights and Neutrals Paper Stacks.  The flower was punched from the SU Blossoms Petals Builder punch and the center is a SU Antique Brad. I built this flower from 16 scored petals assembled with hot glue on the SU silicone pad. This flower was inspired by Mary Fish's Water Lily flower in a post from last July.  http://www.stampinpretty.com/2012/07/water-lily-inspiration-and-new-wow-video-tutorial.html  You just never know when something you've seen comes back to you as inspiration.

The ribbon is the 3/8 Taffeta Ribbon is Basic Black. 

My favorite part of this card is from the new That's The Ticket stamp set available in the new Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog that goes live today!  If not for this challenge, I would never have stamped that image in the Jet Black StazOn ink.  But I did and I really like the outcome!  And the coordinating Ticket Duo Builder punch makes this sentiment a snap!






4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous and very original! I love the way you used the colors and that flower and sentiment are both perfection. Thanks for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that flower! Great papers you picked to go with this challenge and I think that ticket sentiment is perfect. Glad you joined us for this first challenge of 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fabulous flower! I love how the ticket looks stamped in Jet Black StazOn. Way to rock the challenge, Diane! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete