Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Peacock

Not a fan of coloring?  Love to fussy cut (when it is an easy cut)?

Well, have I got a project for you!  Here is my Pumpkin Pie Peacock.  Yes, I know, you've never seen a pumpkin colored peacock, but we're artists, we are allowed artistic license, right?
So here it is:




What I did was stamp the Perfect peacock image on this pumpkin colored DSP from the Sweet Taffy collection, using memento Tuxedo Black ink.  The card is sitting on the DSP I used.

Here is a close-up of the stamped DSP:


I also stamped the image on a 4.25" X 11"  piece of Whisper White card stock scored at 5.5".

Then I snipped the tail and wing feathers and paper pieced to the image on the white card stock using the Tombo glue. I cut on the outline of the feathers and let the tendrils show through from the image that was stamped on the white card stock.  The secret to paper snipping is a good pair of paper snips.  You need a pair (like the ones below) with ground tips that cut all the way to the end of the blade.  It makes paper snipping and fussy cutting a breeze.

Of course, then there was some coloring of the leaves and flowers with the blendabilities.  I took a few artistic liberties there also.  So, of course, now I am on the lookout for other DSPs to use so that this Perfect Peacock can shake a mean tail feather!

 Happy Stamping!

1 comment: