Saturday, January 23, 2016

You Are My Sunshine

Hello.  It is a snowy Saturday in Rhode Island today,  Luckily, we are not getting as much snow as the states to our south,  I enjoy a snow day.

Today I am participating in the Retro Rubber card challenge.

RRCB 30


Click here to participate:  Retro Rubber Challenge

Here is my card


I used an old SU stamp set called "You Are My Sunshine"  2001.

I bought this set used from a co-worker when I was trying to learn how to stamp.  This is actually the first time I used it!












The "thank you" sentiment is from a Stampin' Up!  Sale a Bration set called Happy Moments.   This is my favorite tiny sentiment stamp set.  I used it frequently.



11 comments:

  1. Hi, Diane! Isn't it fun to breathe new life into our old SU stamp sets with fun, new products? I love how your older stamps look with the new products! Very cute card!! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diane: I agree with Debbie, giving your old stamp sets a chance to shine again is awesome, that is why I love the Retro Rubber Challenge, it's great to be able to create something so beautiful combining the old with the new.
    I love this sweet flower pot image, makes for a lovely Spring card.
    Thank you so much for sharing your card on the Retro Rubber gallery.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, so good to see you in our gallery again! I love this older set. SU must have really liked the sentiment that you used because I have it in another set. Really love the colors that you used for the card. Combining our newer products with our older loved stamp sets is so much fun. Thanks for joining us this week. Hope to see you often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Diane, Great interpretation of the sketch..I love the sweet image. It is the best bit about the challenge breathing life into the older stamps we have. Thanks for playing. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green is my fav color! Love all your design work here! That is a really old set, good for you! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the colors you picked and I adore that stamp set! What a great buy for you! Lovely all around! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love the colors and textures! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete